29 August 2006

Immigration

Craig has a work authorization to be able to work and stay in Ireland for two years. When we first arrived at the Dublin Airport, we were told we had to report to the Garda Station within 30 days to register with the Immigration Services. We showed up at 8:02 a.m. (they opened at 8:00 a.m.) and there were already about 50 people there. They were calling names and countries of origin...South Africa, Nigeria, India, New Zealand, China, Philippines, Zimbabwe, M0ldova, and the United States. Dublin is having a huge economic boom and people are moving here from all over the world. Craig was issued his Immigration Card, but I need to present our marriage certificate before they will give me mine. I guess that means I am an illegal immigrant at this point. I guess I'd better be on my best behavior.

No comments: